04-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #88
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-cb View Post
Today was a great day. I took delivery of The Beast and got to put about 300 miles on it driving down the coast from Seattle to Oregon (on way to LA). There was a shipping mix up, so my wife and I decided to fly up and have a road trip on the way back. Should be one of the first through the break in period too!

All I can say is WOW. I have yet to take it above around 4.5k rpm and it briefly hit 98 mph like it was doing 50 -- this car is sick. Brakes are unbelievable!

For anyone still concerned, rest assured, Mark was right -- there is NO BEIGE/TAN to the color at all. Unbelievably beautiful in person and already gotten multiple compliments

I didn't realize that it came with a spare tire, so that was a pleasant surprise.

After many years yearning, this is my first M and man is it great. A special thanks to Mark for graciously letting the board know it was available, and Adam and Karl at Seattle BMW for fantastic customer service. Deal was extremely smooth and we had a deal with Adam literally within 5-10 minutes of getting in touch with him. Special thanks to Karl - a true enthusiast - for teaching me the things I didn't know and helping me get the car set up. This man knows his BMWs better than any sales person I've ever dealt with..

Will post pics upon getting home and will dyno after break in (likely done by next week due to road trip!).

Today was a great day that I will remember forever!

PS. Thanks to Neal @ NW Autoshield for doing a great job wrapping the car in XPel, wrapping the air breathers, and tinting the front windows. He did a fantastic job and there is a reason he does the work for Seattle BMW. Not the cheapest, but quality never is...
Wow, congratulations on this purchase

I'm obviously a little behind on the forums - I dropped off my 50i for service today at BMW Seattle and walked across the street to the sales department hoping to get an in-person look at this X5M you bought (shoulda figured it was sold and long gone by now huh!). They said it was gone in just a few hours and they didn't have any others for viewing, so no such luck today.

They do still have their Individual Ferrari Red F80 M3…nobody would miss that car coming!
Appreciate 0