05-29-2014, 04:36 AM   #45
patvdb2808
Belgium
Rep
Drives: x5xdrive30d f15 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegria View Post
MJF120,

I went for the 449 rims. My decision to replace the RF is because of all the negative comments I have read about these tyres on here and elsewhere on other boards, after discussing with the manager of the tyre service center I've known for years and two technicians at the BMW dealership.

They all confirmed me that RF offer a harder ride, are more noisy and have to be replaced a lot sooner. Add to that their higher cost (switching back to std tyres reduced my lease price with 1000 euro on a 60 month lease - 15.000 km per year). That, plus the fact that I have std suspension and no fancy suspension options that might compensate in a way.

I've only driven the X5 twice (a 30D both times for a half an hour or so) and thought indeed that they were rather hard and noisy. Maybe just my imagination and after switching I'll notice it's the same ride with the non RF ?

Don't know ... It's one of two decisions left. I'm also very torn on color, both interior and exterior. Not on the mood for black / black, like the sparkling brown / beige combination but never seen the combination. Wife does not love light interiors as it will get dirty and I don't clean my car every week

Still some months left though before I have to make the final call ...

Cheers,
Alain
Hi Alain,

after almost 3 weeks 2000km in our new X5 30D base line standard RF wheels must say that find it very smooth to drive. The car is very quiet and sometimes i wonder if the motor is running. This for me also the first BMW and first time run flats.

PS Initially i've ordered a 25D xdrive but changed to 30D because got "autosalon condities"

Cheers,
Patrick
Appreciate 0