View Single Post
      06-21-2017, 08:21 AM   #96
Optherion
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Prancing Horse

Wow, I actually forgot I had posted this thread and come to see it has 5 pages.

Here's the UPDATE as I am pretty bitter on this car.

My car has been at BMW for over a week.

They've removed all of the dash. There's been problems with the re circulation vent not actually working.

On top of it, if you disable the rear AC controls, the AC blower motor has literally double the power in the front cabin. ( This is a software settings in iDrive turn off rear AC control) The blower motor went into a turbo mode up front and moves TWICE as much air. The rear AC vents have always moved air at a pace of a cough.

This is slightly irritating as the Dodge Durango rental car I have with rear roof air and 3rd row seating rear vents blows harder than my X5's front vents. BMW how could you make this possible???

They temped the AC again out of the vents at 70 Degrees no where near cold. Topped off AC lines and still same result.

I took the car back two weeks later for the biggest issue yet.

When I get in the car and hit MAX AC, the display goes to 60 Degrees, shows the fan speed increasing, and no air movement. Nothing. The blower kicks on as low as possible. If you wait 10-15 minutes out of no where it will come on full blast. It has a mind of its own. Turn the car on and off, AC on and off, nothing will get the fans to kick on. I am really curious if anyone elses AC does this!?

The biggest issue is when ambient temps are above 95 Degrees. The car works fine if its below that, so hopefully it has something to do with the system not routing air correctly with all the electronic actuated doors inside the dash. The blower motor not coming on though has me wondering.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Last edited by Optherion; 06-21-2017 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 0