Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5

Garage List
2016 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCThreePedals View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J0hnnyB0yx5m View Post
I was scammed by Tonber for 1000$ selling Rk intakes.. I contacted police about the situation and they said there's ways to track account info that my money was transferred too and they'll hunt them down.. this shit happens a lot and it was deff my mistake sending money by Zelle but never used Zelle and thought it was like PayPal (protected) but it's not so my advice is to never use Zelle and always ask around about seller before buying.. it sucks for the real people that actually stick by there word.. I brought my kw v3 ($2500) and rear calipers upgrade ($1200) sent with PayPal and talked to sellers before I bought items and all went well but u still have these scum bags that'll try scam u.. also after I figured out it was a scam I went on google and typed in this scum bags Zelle name and another post from here popped up with guy trying to buy roof rails for his x3 from same guy and got scammed so just a simple thing like checking google might've helped me not get robbed.. stay safe

He just messaged me telling me to text 470-222-4744. I'm extremely cautious so I don't fall for scams as I've been in the online sales world for many moons

The biggest giveaway is to check their carrier with https://www.freecarrierlookup.com/ and if it's a weird text app it will tell you

Don't EVER send any money to anyone unless you are using a service that protects you aka never zelle, cashapp, or venmo. Always use Paypal Goods & Services

Also check their post history, google their number, etc. Ask for tagged pictures too with today's date on a piece of paper. DON'T TRUST ANYONE ONLINE
Yep same number that he text me on.
Appreciate 0