View Single Post
      05-11-2014, 11:17 PM   #71
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014_F15 View Post
A big thank you to r33 for the parts and the initial instructions!

Opasha's update was also very helpful, especially for the locking lever on the large connector. I would not have spotted the lever without seeing the picture.

The screws in my car appeared to be T30's, the T25 bit was slipping when I started with that size. Overall it was a 20 minute job on my car and the new trim piece looks great.

Thanks for getting this started, I'm sure lots of us will appreciate the improved console space.
Glad we were able to help! The extra space is so worth it, right? Also, I don't even remember if I thanked Ben properly for his post, but thank you, my friend! It was a great help!

That's really strange about the T25/T30. When Ben mentioned it, he wasn't sure if it was T20 or T25. I bought both, and the T20 was way too tiny so I sent it back and got this T25: http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-60-013...words=torx+t25. It worked perfectly.

Now I'm wondering if random little pieces are different in the i versions versus the d versions. Ben has the 3.5i and I have the 5.0i - both used T25. Can anyone else confirm this that has changed the cradle? Thanks