View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
bim_power
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I'm also considering the spare tire option as I may change to non RFT down the road if not immediately after the delivery. Looking at pics on this forum, it appeared the space saver spare is not a full sized tire.

This raises another consideration in the practicality and the actual use of spare tire. The wife will not be able to handle changing the spare; and I have done it with our E53 and it was a full sized spare. For me loosing the lugs with a hand tool was a battle to itself and took some time. So we are contemplating if a pump/repair kit would serve us better. However, the pump kit will be useless if the deflated tire does not have full contact with the rim.

We are also considering the 20” staggered setup. In this case, I am concern the donut tire being too small to be used in the back; replacing the 11” wide rim for obvious safety reasons. Does anyone have experience in this situation?

For us, our current thinking is to buy a pump/repair kit that the wife can handle and if the tire problem is bigger, than the motor club towing will be called.
Appreciate 0