mattbar1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 M Sport 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBianco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
So if you pay for the 150 spare when you build the car you end up with a unfinished storage area whereas cars that don't opt for the spare gets a nice carpeted storage compartment?

Can you still fit a spare in the carpeted compartment?

I would love to see a pic of both trunk setups
Yep. That is what happened to me. Dealer ordered the spare, when our spec excluded it. Now I have a spare i don't want.

They have ordered the trunk carpeting and trim and the dealer has promised to do all to restore the storage area, with one challenge. There is a post welded in the center to keep the spare from moving around. They either have to saw it off, or make a whole in the carpeted area where the post would protrude.

A spare would not fit in that space if ordered without it, as with a missing post the wheel would move around.

Google search produces pictures of both configurations. .... this is an X6 but mine looks pretty much like this, but sits farther away from the edge and closer to the rear tire. Also, the X5 has two of those lift jacks vs. one in the center shown below. The finished storage look is easily found on google search.

I get back next week and if you have not found a picture by then, I will take one and post it.

I'm pretty sure the post you're talking about unscrews.
Appreciate 0