View Single Post
      05-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #269
Kzang
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 35i Msport SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Corps View Post
viperdoc - that is one of the key questions I have as well.

First, can you really tell a difference in accelerating from 45mph to around 85mph? Most are saying yes - it is noteworthy.

Secondly, and this is your question, in comfort mode under MPPK, is the drivability maintained? I do not want an edgy M type driving experience until I shift into Sport or Sport+.

Thirdly, not interested in a louder / burbly / muscle car exhaust note. The responses on this issue are a bit mixed as I have read them.

Lastly, is the reliability of the engine impacted with MPPK? There are some posts suggesting yes as indicated by the MPPK not being available with a trailer hitch installed as MPPK pushes the engine to its "tune limit". I do not buy that at all. Take a look at what the Ford Raptor is pushing out with a 3.5 liter V6. I know, apples to oranges, but the increase strikes me as modest.

So, MPPK drivers, what will we really experience?

Update - so I got around to reading the 2014 Product Information pdf that Kzang posted and it answered the question about exhaust note - it is enabled / enhanced when in Sport mode - Good News. Also, it possibly addressed the trailer hitch issue in that the MPPK install should not be done in conjunction with an X5 sDrive - the xDrive is not prohibited. That suggests to me that it is some issue other than the engine has been tuned to the limits.
MPPK doesn't change the exhaust note very much.

Here is stock cold start of video of mine.

Here is MPPK tune cold start.

Here is MPPK warm start and revs.

Here is MPPK and MPE cold start for reference.

In regards to the question about comfort mode drivability... to me MPPK basically boosts your horsepower and torque even higher than stock and provides a more quicker throttle response.
No jerking or bucking going on for me. In sport mode the revs are held longer and that crisp throttle response you feel in sport mode stock is enhanced. After a few months I got used to the new power and I upped the performance with a racechip tune stacked on top.