View Single Post
      01-08-2018, 01:11 PM   #7
ano0oj
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 AWD, '23 Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Nowadays when Hyundai/Kia prices are on par with some Japanese brands due to Hyundai/Kia positioning themselves as equals, it's no surprise premium brand like BMW stops charity and makes prices more realistic to real market IMHO. I went to Lexus and their RX450 prices are almost similar to X5 and they position themselves as a premium brand and frankly even think of themselves as a better brand due to reliability (true). However, after driving that rx450 it felt like a bus with cheap leather and cheap plastic interior that pretends to be premium. There was no comparison even, X5 is a completely different beast. Same for X3, 535i etc. What I'm saying is that yes previously BMW had lease options comparable or even better than competitors, MANY of those competitors were nowhere close to BMW, but if now BMW finally decided to make it a fair play - who is to blame them?
I think they are still #1 if you look at complete package what you get. Audi still drives like Lexus - pretty much like bus. Mercedes is a joke, except their overpriced AMG equivalents that sit in between civil x5 and x5M, domestic cars - you gotta be kidding me. Range? Same bus chassis for soccer moms. Porsche? Yes, but look at their prices and they don't have charity lease options either. In sum - BMW is still best product for enthusiast drivers, BUT if you only want a soccer mom transport - then yes, by all means shop around - you won't get better driving experience, but may get cheaper lease - if that's what you are after. Just saying
Used AMGs are obscenely expensive too!! I wanted to go for an E63 wagon sometime in the near future, but the used market in current E63 is too strong...asking almost $80-85k for a 2yr old car. Gonna have to convince the wife a M5 is a better choice for her
Appreciate 2
DuSh2113.50
F15GorDe261.00