View Single Post
      01-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #13
Golfster
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: DD: Macan GTS, W/E: 992S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
I think the X5 40e has very good rebates and programs right now. I have a 2018 M3 competition pack. MSRP 82K. lease payment with no money down (did do multiple security deposits) $672/month.

I feel to raise the residuals, cut the rebates AND raise the lease rate all at once, in essence driving lease payments up 50%.... FIFTY PERCENT for a similarly priced vehicle is unconscionable.

We have had more than 20 new BMW's, all models, over the years. I'm shopping elsewhere. I think many of the cars have lost the edge they once enjoyed. My M car is awesome... I love it. But the 535 sport coming off lease drives and handles like a 1980's Buick. A little harsh? maybe.... but it isn't the unflappable 5er of old, that is for sure.... and the new 5? I'm not impressed.

Seriously, the supercharged 8 in the Range Rover sport transforms the vehicle... with the dynamic handling package it is a BEAUTIFUL driving vehicle. Fit, finish and interior materials are FAR beyond the X5... not even close. I'm a 30 year BMW diehard. I'm just having a hard time making sense of the direction they are taking their vehicles, and the current turn of events with price is just plain wrong. I'm definitely going shopping, and I suspect I'm not the only one that feels that way.
Did you trade your 2017 M3 In on the 18?

I, too, considered the RR Sport. Love the design although I like the ‘18 face lift a little better. Shied away as two of my staff have ‘17’s each with love/hate relationships with theirs due to frequent issues. Still, a great ride and the power is nice.
Appreciate 0