View Single Post
      08-27-2014, 07:21 PM   #1081
gpitts
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G07 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticBlue View Post
Does it have to go to VPC, or did it already? I think mine already went through that, I assume somewhere down there in SC, and it is now awaiting transport. Mine was ordered July 29. Production started August 13 and finished August 21. I'm pretty sure my status went to VPC right after production, but before waiting for transport. I think VPC in Southern California would only be for cars coming in on a ship to the West Coast from Germany, like our M3's did. Now I'm just waiting like you. Mine's coming to Tri-Cities.
I spoke to my Sales guy today and got clarification on the whole question of VPC versus no VPC. BMW has a VPC in Spartanburg (Greer, really) AND a VPC in Oxnard. They may choose to use either VPC in order to load-balance the prep work, but either way the west coast vehicles go through one of the two VPCs and end up in Oxnard. So it is rail from Spartanburg to Atlanta, offload and wait, then on to Oxnard, then offload and wait. From Oxnard, our vehicles are transported to Oregon by truck.