View Single Post
      12-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #52
darksilkx1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Monthly Payment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipforia View Post
The good thing about the current Q7 is that it's worked out all of its kinks and was rated Consumer Reports one of most reliable SUVs. And I'm afraid redesign might have V1.0 issues like the X5. Also, I just had an Audi and would like some variety.

I agree with you on the SQ5 and the Volvo. I don't mind Porsches, but already had a Cayenne. Maybe I'll consider a Panamera. I need a four door.

I saw the ML at the LA Auto Show and I wasn't impressed. Like you said, it is a bit girly, and the interior was a bit bland. On top of that, you're right about the lease deals.

There isn't anything from Lexus or Infiniti that I like. Genesis R-Spec is a nice car. Fast as hell, but I had my heart set on a German.

My wife wants me to stick with the X5. She likes it a lot. Maybe I'll stick with another BMW, but I serious have to reconsider this. I don't want to make payments on a loaner car, while mine's at the dealer. Such a frustrating issue.

Z.
Crazy idea, have you considered a short term lease assumption of a last gen X5 from swapalease while they work out the kinks on this model? You'd be surprised what incentives people are throwing out to prematurely exit a lease. You could do a one year and then re-evaluate your options including potentially the new Q7.