No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1230vani View Post
When did it start to squeal?
Shortly after I installed them. Pads are oem ones, but they are used - the ones that came when I bought calipers. They were inside the calipers - so just reused them since about 60-70% of pad life was left. I'll order Bosch pads and I'll see if that will help. Also, it gets hot here 106F today. Maybe hot climate has something to do with it? Or maybe it's F85 drilled rotors - I've heard F85 owners complain too. Porsche even wrote a semi-scientific article explaining why bigger brakes will always be noisier and that it's normal apparently lol. I myself believe it's due to drilled F85 rotors - I probably need a softer pad (maybe with ceramic compound rather than semi-metallic pads). Not sure.
I have F85 rotors zero squeal, already 4-5k on them. F85 owners say a strong pressure wash through the rotors will clean it out and help with squeal. Just saying what i read. I had first generation m performance brakes on E92 and they squealed and (then) replaced on warranty twice. My mechanic told me that i should wash off the cleaner (at that time used sonax) and it would not squeal. Afterwards I still often washed the car (E92) and always cleaned it as advised and zero squeal. Now that I have "performance" brakes with F85 rotors I do the same. Also apparently the "newer" performance brake pads for F15 have a different part number than before so perhaps they changed that too. You can also try break-in process explaind here on F15 forum. Hope I was helpful.
Appreciate 2
DuSh2113.50
Maverik2594150.50