View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

||| Alan's F15 Mineral White Msport Modifications Thread ||| **Updates on Page 17**

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi everyone,

I figure its time to start a build thread over here now that my F15 X5 is in production which should be arriving in 2 weeks and also introduce myself to the F15 community

Those who know me will remember that I have been on the forums for a very long time. It all started out with my Orient Blue ACS'ed out supercharged E46 which was used as a show car for a few years to then follow up with a Alpine White Msport 335i. Final build thread here - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=507257

With the addition of my daughter (who is now 2.5yo) I got rid of the 335i and into my first F10 535xi. You can find my build thread here - http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=736447

Later i upgraded to my second F10 550i. Build thread located here - http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=889187

Now that we are expecting our second child it is time to move over into the Suv world. I've always liked the X5 because of its chunky bull dog looking stance that it had with large wide wheels and I am glad to finally own one.

I am going to take the more OEM+ approach with the F15 this time around. BMW's are getting nicer and nicer straight from the factory especially in Msport trim that they don't need very much to really make them stand out imo. Modding is in my blood so no matter how much I try to convince myself that I will leave my next car stock it just doesn't seem to happen

Thanks to everyone on this forum you guys have already made it easier for me to in vision how I want my F15 to look like. Helped me figure out how to option out my F15 and also where to get what I want. Just like in the past I usually mod very fast so parts for the F15 already started arriving. I will continue to update this thread as more stuff comes in and eventually post up the F15 when it shows up!

Also a big shout out to my buddy George Javier over at Rallye BMW. This is my 4th BMW with him and each time he has gone above and beyond for me. I've referred friends and family to him and all of them share the same sentiment. Anyone looking for a new BMW don't hesitate to give him a call or shoot him an email at gjavier@rallyebmw.com He's also a member on Bimmerpost as - slalomfever

Regards,
Alan L.

My build
2015 xDrive 3.5i
Msport with MPPK Tune
Gloss Black Roof Rails
Adaptive M Suspension
Mineral White Metallic
Aluminum Hexagon Trim
Mocha Nappa Design Leather
Multi Contour Seats
Premium Package
Lighting Package
Driver Assistance Package
Cold Weather Package
Harmon Kardon Stereo
Manual rear sunshade
Soft close doors
Spare tire

My current build status

Box 1 of 2 from Tisher BMW!

Goodies from Ben at RGSport.com

Reflectors from IND

M Performance Diffuser

***** April 24th Update *****

Another update - My X5 is at the dealer!!!!!

MPPK installed and verified by the power meter screen going from 320/320 to show 400/400

Scheduled pickup tomorrow afternoon!

***** April 27th Update *****

Thanks guys. After i posted the question i found where that feature was on the drive to turn it on and off. It is annoying but like Taran said its good to know when the guy behind you is getting a tad too close to the bumper so i'll leave it on for now.

Another update. Did my first two mods today. I'm taking it easy so far figure i'll enjoy this nice weather with the new truck and the family instead of installing stuff. Still didn't stop me from putting these two little mods on though. Literally took me 15mins to do both. No need for betalink for the roof spoiler. I just added one more strip of 3M VHB tape to it to give it extra support...that thing isn't coming off unless the paint comes off with it.

A pic for those that want to know where all the tabs are exactly..... (it helps going it with the engine hot and on a sunny warm day)

Nice little badge that comes with the MPPK tune...

***** April 29th Update *****

Another update.

Spent the entire day working on the X5

Tinted the front windows 30%
Painted the brake calipers gloss black all around
Installed the BMW Performance CF rear Diffuser
Installed the BMW Performance CF rear Flaps
Installed the BMW Performance CF front Lip
Installed IND Color matched front Reflector
Installed M50D Silver Grill Blades along with open grills on both sides

This took the entire day and doing those reflectors along with the open lower grills was such a pain in the @SS!

Here's a few pics i took with my iPhone. I will be doing a full write up on how to install this stuff at a later date. I took tons of pics documenting the process.

I also added the M Performance side skirt decal recently. I was never a fan of this part for the F10 and didn't plan to get it for the F15 but my car needed it simply due to the rear side CF flipper/wing on the lower part of the bumper. From the side profile you can see the front CF lip and the back CF flipper but nothing on the skirt/middle. I have to say after installing this it really does tie everything all together now. Very happy with the look.

Next up....BMW M Performance Exhaust and 22" wheels

***** May 23rd Update *****

Just got the M Performance Exhaust installed. Wow. Can't be anymore perfect.

Loud and aggressive from the outside but barely audible from the inside. Love it!

***** June 2nd Update *****

New wheels teaser....

Better pics this weekend at the Rallye BMW Event

***** June 15th Update*****

Dusted off my SLR camera today and snapped a few shots while my daughter was napping in the car. Had to make the most of my time lol

|||Modifications List|||
M Performance Power Kit
M Performance Carbon Front Splitter
M Performance Carbon Rear Diffuser
M Performance Carbon Rear Flaps
M Performance Roof Spoiler
M Performance Exhaust System w. Black Tips
M Performance Black Kidney Grills
M Performance Side Skirt Film
M Performance Pedal Set
BBS SV Wheels 22x10.5F & 22.11.5R
BBS Red/Gold Center Caps
PZERO Asimmetrico Tires 295/30/22F & 335/25/22R
H&R 5MM Front Hub centric Spacer
H&R 12MM Rear Hub centric Spacer
Gloss Black Brake Calipers
M50D Open Grills with Silver Trim
IND Painted Front Reflector
Euro Side Mirrors
Formula One 30% Tinted Front Windows
Full De-badge

Added a red stripe on the M Performance Lip

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 04-20-2016 at 07:56 AM..
Appreciate 11
JustChris17423.00
Nismo G50.00