View Single Post
      04-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #21
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelve535i View Post
NICE! I think I'm going to take your advice and get a 35 also. There are almost zero places to use the extra power in Brooklyn/Manhattan, especially since new speed cams are showing up everywhere.
Debating about the MPPK though.....It's a nice bump, but not sure if the power will be noticeable or not on a two and a half ton SUV. I'm sure the throttle response will be better, so maybe.

Skipping the M Performance exhaust? It sounds great!
Nice! I agree on the roads that I am on 95% of the time is the BQE and the Belt Pkwy. Neither of them allow you to gun it for more than a 2 seconds due to traffic and the potholes.

MPPK is a no brainer to me. A lot of people try to bag on it due to the cost to performance ratio comparing it to the JB but what they don't realize is that its not just about the peak power with this MPPK tune. Improved throttle response, exhaust note, transmission shift logic and other parameters are all altered making for a much more sporty drive. NO piggyback will offer you that. All they do is give you a jumpy throttle response with high peak horsepower. I've had experience with almost all JB products, Proceed, Cobb Accessport in my last 3 BMW so i know what they are capable of. Nothing beats a good flash tune simply because piggybacks just can't access/alter those other areas. I recently just removed my JB tune from my 550 and it reconfirms all of this. While my car doesn't have the same peak power numbers it drives so much smoother.

Check out what Steve Dinan says about there MPPK dyno findings. Its highly underrated. Also check out his video about how the dinantronics works in comparison to other piggybacks. I'm far from a Dinan lover in the past and I never liked their products but the Dinantronics seems like the best solution if you care about driveability and not just about peak numbers.

Going with a different route with the exhaust. If i am spending money on an exhaust i want it to atleast look different. Wish the MP Exhaust had unique tips....not just the stock msport looking tips that they want $300 for.

Alan