02-10-2015, 04:09 AM   #45
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonaldD View Post
I am exceptionally disappointed with the HK system. Im no bass head but ALL of the bass comes from the mids unless you adjust the eq and crank the volume. Even then, the bass is muddy, muffled and mundane. I have spent hours tweaking and analyzing but I am still unhappy with this system. I find it odd that the HK has this much power and so little clarity. The HK is very mid heavy and not in a good way. I was not expecting to be disappointed by the HK system but I deeply regret not getting the B&O system. I should not have to crank the volume to 75% to get mediocre sound from this system. The B&O was clear at all volumes.
+1 on being dissapointed with HK in the X5. My main concern is the lack of bass, it just depends which type of music you listen too. For most people HK is a superb system, for me it is just not as good. I also would not confuse home audio systems by HK which are great! B&O is overpriced for this car, but there is no middle ground here. Previous X5/X6 had BMW individual audio system which was half the price of B&O but that thing sounded great (for the price). I got the B&O and again it is overpriced but felt cornered bcs I would not be fully satisfied by HK. I think for me almost all the extras are good in a way, could not justify the 4 zone climate this time around as I had it in the previous car and (besides looking cool) was almost never used.
Appreciate 0