10-22-2013, 03:48 PM   #60
tiburonh
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 i3 BEV, 2015 x3 diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug Rx View Post
I hear a lot of people talking about invoice price. It is a common game amongst dealerships to use a fake number in discussions. I have also seen many dealerships print out fake invoices to use during their bargaining. If anyone got the car slightly above invoice price, I congratulate you, but I find it very hard to believe. These cars are extremely hot right now, and dealerships don't want to give them away as such little profit. Especially when there are a number of people right behind you waiting to buy them. Just my 2 cents.

I have also heard that invoices are extremely hard for the average person to read. They are full of codes and such. So, if your invoice was fairly easy to understand, possible fake.
Hi Bug Rx - It's actually very easy to tell the basic invoice price. On BMW's, the MSRP on every item includes a 10% markup over the invoice price. The only item the MSRP doesn't include any markup on is the destination charge.

Of course, the invoice price calculated this way may still not be exactly what the dealer actually pays BMW for the car because there may be special allowances and incentives provided by BMW to the dealer that reduce his cost below the invoice price.

But in any event there should be no argument with the dealer about how much the invoice price is and how much less that is than the MSRP.
Appreciate 0