View Single Post
      10-11-2021, 11:02 PM   #49
virtualbong
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X5 MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I thought this too when it affected mine, same tugging and "engine missing" issues. Turned out to be the TC too. I got very lucky, just a oil change and TC adaptations reset and recalibration fixed it.

What happens is the ECU asks for a certain torque setting to be set to the front wheels. Of it's not met, it cuts the engine power for a split second and then tries again. Makes it feel like the truck has a miss/tugging sensation.

Easy way to test is just pull the fuse for the Transfer case to force it into 2wd mode. If it's your Transfer Case then it will instantly go away.

For anyone reading this with similar issues, change your oil and recalibrate the TC before replacing, there is a reasonable chance you won't have to replace the entire TC.
This is EXACTLY what is happening with my X5 after purchasing some used 22s. I started to feel this tugging at lower speeds during acceleration. I thought it was the lower links but what you guys have described seems to be exactly what is happening to me. My mechanic also thought it was my suspension so thankfully I have not replaced them yet.

How does one recalibrate the TC during an oil change? Do I just ask the dealership to do this since I normally bring it in to them to perform the oil change?
2011 BMW 550i M-Sport (Jet Black/Cinnamon Brown) - 4/30/14 | 2007 BMW 328xi e92 (Jet Black/Coral Red) - PAST | 2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (Ivory White/Stone) - PAST | 2005 Acura TSX (Obsidian Black/Black) - PAST
| 1998 Acura Integra (Black/Black) - PAST
Appreciate 0