10-06-2014, 09:17 AM   #13
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDF15 View Post
Thanks for the info guys. I'll probably take the Cayenne for a quick spin this week to see how it compares. Should be seeing snow here within the next couple of months, so I might wait until then to see how they all do on snowy roads. Although considering that I'll probably have to order to get exactly what I want, the sooner I can make up my mind the better.
I would imagine all of those 3, Cayenne, RRS, X5, would fair equally well in snow (assuming all equipped with comparable tires). I would be surprised to hear of any of the 3 having any issues in even heavy snow, again, with the right tire setup. So I would recommend driving now in case there are any end of model year deals out there before they're gone. Could be year-end deals too of course, but 2014 inventory will be that much lower (assuming there is any now, I have no idea since I'm not in the market at the moment…).

Plus, the differences you may find are more performance/driving feel related, so might as well drive now even if you don't want to buy yet. Get that feel before it gets too cold..
Appreciate 0