View Single Post
      05-30-2013, 01:13 AM   #31
Phaeron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerjph View Post
If you mean they have better grip than there predecessors, then yes you are correct. However, you are ignorant at best if you think that any F30 has better steering feel, brake feel, or chassis feel in general than any of its predecessors. The former is grip, not handling. I had an extensive balls to the wall test drive of a 328i sportline with summer tires. The steering feel (feeling the grip) was not even on the same planet as the E46 or E90.
Steering Feel, chassis feel, and brake feel have NOTHING TO DO WITH HANDLING. If you want to argue that then you have ZERO clue about what you are talking about and should go take a driving course. First I have drive the old E90 3 series both chassis communicate very well. The Brake feel of the E90 is about the same.. The only area where the E90 is "better" is with the Hydraulic steering wheel. However, unless it is non-power steering you do not feel anything. All you feel is the road noise which most people MISTAKE for true communication which you will never feel unless you have driven a car that does not possess power steering.

SO what is Handling? Handling is the ability of the car to respond to sudden commands. Grip is the ability of the car to stick to the road in a turn. The test of grip is the amount of Gs a car can do in a turn. That is Grip. You do not need your steering wheel to tell you when you are at the Apex of your grip. Your tires will signal that to you way before the steering wheel will know. Handling is the car ability to react to sudden command like the Slalom. Where you are juking the car with sudden directions.

In all regards the F30 has outperformed the E90 in GRIP and HANDLING. The chassis feel argument and brake feel you are claiming is BS.

Quote:
The feedback can't hold a candle to the E90 as well. It was closer to my all season tired E46, although the e46 was still a good bit better in that regard. While the F30 is not as bad as many claim. It is just pure and utter bullshit to say it "out handles" previous 3er regardless of tire choice. And anyway I would love to hear you back up that an F10 out handles an E60. The F10 actually is as bad as people claim.

No the Bullshit is the lies you are SPEWING on this forums. You do not even know the difference between handling and grip. I doubt you even know how to drive a car on the track.

What people are saying the new cars can't handle? People like you who either have never owned one or have never driven one or any car in an aggressive manner on a track?

I would like you to actually try to tell me about handling and grip again so I can laugh at you some more... Let me guess balls to the wall driving is 25mph in eco mode?

Quote:
Top Gear is a scripted TV show that is classified as an entertainment program, not an educational one. They don't prove anything.
Seeing you do not even know what grip vs handling is there is no reason to even continue this conversation. BTW, Car and driver is entertainment and not educational. Their reviews change to whatever manufacturer is doing a big push in ad buying. Same as Motortrend who talks wonderfully about Ford's eco boost engines only to blast those same engines they proudly loud in the "MOTORTREND ECOBOOST CHALLENGE!".

Last edited by Phaeron; 05-30-2013 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 0