View Single Post
      10-12-2014, 01:50 AM   #265
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang0ver View Post
Yeah... I know, sorry man. I suggested one final thing to him to compare his Euro files to CatFlap's to make sure they match up 100%...if they do, it's definitely a hardware requirement, unfortunately.

On a positive note, I just removed 8S4 from my FA and VO Coded BDC_Body for the VLD coding for my low beams. They definitely move around a lot now. They seem lower when I'm driving around my neighborhood, especially up hills so it seems like they are smarter...they also turn earlier/quicker as I'm turning right or left - before the turning wasn't as noticeable, but now you can really tell they are moving as you turn. Just for the heck of it, since I'm so particular about the coding I like, I re-coded all my BDC_Body coding that I had lost when I VO Coded BDC_Body to get the Variable Light Distribution.

Here's my question. I spoke to @skalberti. He said in order to save a particular CAFD module, I just need to Read Coding Data of that CAFD folder and it generated a .ncd file in C:\Data\CAF. I cleared all the previous read CAFD files and just made sure to save the BDC Body CAFD. I did and it was generated as CAFD_000017BE_005_019_027.ncd. This CAFD had all my BDC_Body coding that I had previous fdl coded. So that's on the side now. I VO Coded after removing 8S4 and that worked. No problem. Now, when I want to restore the generated CAFD that I had saved previously, I just right-click on a CAFD (green dot) and select NEW>FDL. This takes me to C:\DATA\CAF folder. I select the generated .ncd file, but the "code fdl" button does not become active. So, I figure ok let me change something by editing the fdl and then change it back and then save. I do this, and I see that the "code fdl" button becomes active. I code fdl, but it is still the default VO coded settings. So, I still have the 8S4 removed and I had to manually go back into BDC_Body and redo all my fdl coding.

So here's the question, how do you get a save your fdl coding if you don't want to keep the new VO coded settings? My plan was originally to just test the VLD coding by removing 8S4 and then reverting back to my previous BDC_Body settings that I had previously coded at the cost of losing the 8S4 removal. Sorry, if this sounds confusing. @shawnsheridan and @skalberti, please let me know. Thanks. I know that when you VO code something, reverting eliminates that VO coding...I remember talking to Shawn S about this and saying it was pointless if you were keeping the FA addition/removal and VO coding. However, for just testing purposes, how would I go about reverting?

I have a SAT.xml with my 6WB and 8S4 present. I currently have a new SAT2.xml with 6WB present and 8S4 removed (I manually redid the fdl codes in BDC_Body for this and saved this .ncd on my desktop while it is also present in C:\Data\CAF).

Last edited by opasha; 10-12-2014 at 02:12 AM..
Appreciate 0