Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
What are your thoughts on the Bootmod3 vs JB4? Obviously it's a ECU vs Piggyback dilema, but the Bootmod3 was past my time -- is it relatively hassle free / problem free?

After Dinan --> PROcede --> JB3 --> Cobb, I was still having misfires here and there, I had black smoke puff out of my BOV all the time, started having a little smoke out the tailpipe, etc. More issues than it was worth... I just want more power that is 100% reliable.
Guess you're not new (which will help); but things have changed tremendously!
Misfire = plugs/hpfp nowadays and easy to see in a log when its happening, able to log Knock thanks to BM3 is IMPORTANT!

If you're starting from scratch, BM3 is the way to go for me.
- Resale value / transfer your License to your next BMW as well
- Being able to flash via your phone or laptop (free App)
- Being able to go to any tuner or use the provided FREE OTS Map
- Being able to fully datalog every channel as the ECU is seeing it without a data gap
- Customer Service + Support from PTF via Support Ticket is phenomenal
- As of late all World Record cars are running BM3 as flash only or BEF
- Having 0 wires running around in the engine bay, no more short-circuits, or boards going bad

proTUNING Freaks also made their name in the N54 via Cobb ProTune Maps , seeing how they've taken the S55 engine (F80 platform) to a whole other level makes me want to stay with BMW for as long as they're around. Not only to mention, the price is the most fair out of everything i've come to see.

-$595 BM3 License with a Free OTS Map included
-BM3 for Android/iOS is Free or use Chrome on your laptop/tablet via http://bootmod3.net
- $18-20 OBD2 to Enet cable is needed to Flash/Datalog, use all the features that are being updated (Code Reading, Code Clearing, etc)
- + Labor depending on your BM3 Dealer of choice that will bench flash your ECU (Unlocking for OBD2 access and reading your stock map)

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0