View Single Post
      10-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #11
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Where did you see the option to add Adaptative M suspension for $900? I got the M Sport package for the look so not looking for a sporty ride but just curious since I did not see this option when configuring my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbar1 View Post
This is from my dealer, hope it helps everyone:

Factory have come back to me with the suspension ordering rules. When opting for the M Sport Package, you have the choice of going with standard suspension (ZSU), Adaptive M suspension ($900) or the Dynamic Handling Package (ZDA) at an additional $4500.

The adaptive M suspension includes dynamic damper control and rear air suspension which provides a more rigid sport suspension. Following is an explanation of the dynamic damper control:

A control unit on each wheel evaluates movements four hundred times a second and adjusts the shock absorbers accordingly. The electronics system works so fast that when the front wheels encounter a pothole, information is sent to the rear wheels so that sufficient cushioning is in place. The rebound and compression damping are continually and independently set to end the need for compromise which means that the dampers adapt to the state of the road irrespective of which Dynamic Driving Control mode is selected, for exceptional ride comfort even when driving hard on bumpy surfaces.

Dynamic Handling package includes Dynamic Damper Control + rear axle air suspension and Dynamic Performance Control + Active Role Stabilization. This package provides a more “comfort” drive experience as it includes automatic rear self-leveling suspension, by a touch of a button, you can raise the suspension when on bumpy roads and it will automatically deflate on smoother surfaces. The dynamic performance control enhances your steering and the active roll stabilization helps minimize body roll when cornering sharp bends which is helped by stabilizer bars.

The adaptive M suspension will offer a more sport orientated suspension set up, where as the dynamic handling package is more for comfort. This being said, your BMW will come standard with driving dynamics control which gives you the preferences of Comfort, Sport and Sport driving modes. The above packages allow you to further adjust your suspension to a more detailed preference.
Appreciate 0