X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
Of course!

But what I will say is interesting is that there is quite a high take rate on the 35i still. I find it interesting because if you pay attention to all the Benz SUVs, you barely see anything other than their 350 bluetec models. Every GL I see is a GL 350, and every ML I see is a ML350. You very rarely see a GL or ML 450 (their 6 cylinder gas model). I asked a friend who sells Mercedes and he says he sells 1 gas 6 cylinder model for every 10 or so diesel models.

On another note, we just picked up my wife's 2016 full size RR and found out they actually discontinued the 6 cylinder gas model for the full size, it is still available for the RR Sport, but not the full size. They said the take rate would be so small in comparison to the diesel that they stopped production for 2016 models.
I don't follow MB. There could be numerous reasons. Maybe their gas engines weren't very fuel efficient and didn't put the efforts into it like BMW. Our 35i is getting a great gas mileage and when it doesn't I'll ask my wife to have one less latte a week. I can tell you I'm not fond of MB's interior or exterior. Just not my cup of tea but I'm sure they have their loyal following as well.
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0