Shaw
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35d | 2019 X3 30i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
No, I'm saying it does NOT go down (is not supposed to) when you push the button. I'm saying it goes down as the right side is slid out, like US Aussie is saying, without any increase in force. You hear it snap back into place after it has released, but you don't really even feel it being depressed. Something as it is pivoting pushes the pin/button/notch (lol) piece down, then you hear it snap back. I think it's just how it's shaped, the bar itself pushes it down as it pivots.

I wish I could post the video on here, you'd see I never have to stop or add any force. Feels a little unnatural as I'm sure you noted when you first start sliding back (knowing the left side hasn't released yet), but just keep going and it releases. After you've done it once it will feel a lot more normal and you'll be thankful not to have to push one, slide back a little, push the other, slide back both.. on the X3, this was a pain because the button was along side if the bar, not on top. You practically pinched your fingers on both sides, I hated it.
OK, I'll give it a shot...
I don;t know which year was your X3 but my 2011 (F25) wasn't like that...if I remember correctly, first you had to turn it upwards then pull it out...then it would slide out...can't remember if there was any buttons involved though
Appreciate 0