View Single Post
      10-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #138
marsblackmon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 550i & '14 F15 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
He also told me the allocations he got in October were held, they couldn't modify them until just last week. He looked one of those up and it has a November build date. So those of you that ordered before a week or two ago and just got your build numbers last week or since, were probably in the same boat. Sounds like they were not releasing the allocations until the cars were launched, at least the October allocations. What remains to be seen is whether the allocations he gets first week of November will really be for November builds, as he's expecting.

I honestly was expecting December anyway. I was thinking December could bring holiday credits anyway (remains to be seen if they'll apply to the F15), but he seemed to think November programs will be just as aggressive as Decembers, as BMW is really pushing to pump out insane numbers to gain market share. He said they have never sold anywhere near the target BMW is asking for, so he thinks November and December may get pretty aggressive, but again, not necessarily for the F15 since it's so new and the programs are already better than normal this early. I would be content as long as we get it by Christmas, but would certainly prefer sooner. If he's right and the car comes by the end of November, all the better.
Hey Chris/Bug,

It's been exactly a week since I was told by the sales guy that my build order/request has been submitted. I checked w/ him today and he's saying that there is still no update as far as a build start date. A week ago, one dealership told me if I got my order last Sat (Oct 19th), I'd get a mid Nov delivery... At another dealership, where I actually pulled the trigger (afternoon of the same day, 19th), I was told by that salesperson to expect a December delivery. As there is still no update I'm starting to wonder if it's more like the end of December?

Anyone know how long it usually take to for BMW start building once the order has been submitted? Thanks...
Appreciate 0