View Single Post
      03-25-2017, 04:56 AM   #27
superdog
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuera09 View Post
@superdog. Its fair to say that we all have been in your situation at one point or another. We live and learn right? You were fortunate enough that you were able to pay off the balance and not have to deal with BMWFS.

This is exactly why this is a great forum; we get to share the do's and don'ts of owning/leasing a car; from building it, financing it, and most importantly modding it.

Car salesman/dealers and mortgage loan agents are hated because of how they structure their "deals". Of course there are honest ones out there but I'm sure the percentage is not high. Unethical behavior is encouraged in commission based jobs (esp the ones above). The more unprepared a consumer is the more these guys make money.

Hey all, just a quick thanks for this thread.

I decided recently to pick up a weekender. After negotiating the price of a CPO SL 550, I started on the interest rate.

They quoted me 4.99 stating because used cars get a higher rate than new. I shopped around and went back and forth a bit. Dealership finally came back with 2.99.

They got me for prepaid maintenance, but I negotiated from 2 services up to 3 for the same price and basically got it for free considering the money saved on my rate.

So again, many thanks.
Appreciate 0