View Single Post
      11-22-2013, 11:43 PM   #8
Zipforia
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

I believe the acquisition fee is $825 for 2014 X5...at least for my zip code it is (Not sure if it is zip code based at all, to be honest). When you build you X5 on BMW website, on the right column, there is the list of all your options and the total MSRP. Below that, there is "Estimated Lease" with a "?" next to it. Glide your mouse over the "?" and it'll tell you what the acquisition fee for BMW USA is in your area. I say this because you have to enter your zip code prior to building your car.

As far as Doc fees go, NJ has no limit as to how high the dealer can charge you. However, NY has a cap of $75. So, if you can purchase the car in NY, you'll save some money.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/wh...d-you-pay.html
(scroll to the bottom to find out Doc fees for each state)

Mind you, there are other fees aside from these fees. Title, Registration, Tax (if you call this a fee), Advertising, Training, etc.

I calculated as many fees I possibly can so that I have the most accurate information I can get prior to going into the dealership....but you just never know what other fees might pop up.

I live in California, and I calculated my tax and registration from dmv.ca.gov. I don't know if NJ has a DMV website that lets you calculate these fees, but it's worth looking into. Good luck and happy hunting!

Z.
Appreciate 0