09-17-2014, 10:52 PM   #84
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha
@skalberti, @shawnsheridan, @wdimagineer, I pretty much read this entire thread that all 3 of you were a part of. Towards the very bottom, member Motorboat411 figured out how to use the Anti-Dazzle without having HBA (single stalk instead of dual stalk that comes with HBA). This was his comment saying that he added HBA to the FA and removed 8S4 only since he did not have 5AP. I don't know if he VO Coded anything else, but I assume BDC_Body/FEM_Body would be necessary. If HBA is activated, then does that mean FLA3 shows up in the ECU folders and can be VO Coded? He said he got the A in the blue high beam icon in his cluster and the beams were working as they should even though not as individually dispersed as the LEDs. I'm just trying to understand this capability/hack for the Bi-Xenon package. Here are his exact words:
Motorboat411
CONFIRMED WORKING on a 2014 F10 with Xenon Lights and No HBA....and it's freaking awesome!

FrogmanF30
How does the car know to turn on the no-dazzle mode without the HBA switch?

What FA codes did you remove? (5AP and/or 8S4)?

Or are you just getting the enhanced variable light distribution without the high beams coming on?

Motorboat411
I coded HBA to be always on, there is a thread on it.

As for dazzle-free, I did not have 5AP code in FA, just the 8S4 which I removed and I added 5AC (HBA). It is proper dazzle-free HBA, of course not as elegant as LED headlights - since those have 2 separate lamps in each headlight unit. When the dazzle-free HBA is active you see the headlight beam icon with "A" on it and also the usual bluish/purplish high-beam on icon. When a car approaches you in the opposite direction, the system disables high-beam on left side but keeps the right one active. As soon as the car passes the left light goes back to high-beam. I also tested the HBA feature while driving behind another car, I couldn't tell if it created a good tunnel because it's raining right now, so hard to make out the light pattern.

I've done some driving on several types of roads and didn't get flashed once, so that's a good reason to keep it coded
Hey Omar!

I guess it's possible to code this, but I wouldn't want the HBA on all the time. I'm betting you'll tick a lot of people off driving around town with it. I still say a lot of these people that have coded the anti dazzle HBA, so not have the full functioning euro HBA. I coded 535 a year ago and it worked perfectly. I got a software update several months back and haven't used my HBA since I've just been driving in town. I finally used them when testing my X5 and they weren't working as they did initially. So I pulled the service records and sure enough in the software update they reprogrammed the TMS ecu's which control the LEDs. So I went back through and sure enough there were things there that weren't there before. I'm still doing more work on this, but VO coding appears to only partially enable the GFHBA. There are several lines that have US instead of ECU after removing 5AP and 8S4. So it appears now after BMW made changes that you have to VO and FDL code to get the GFHBA to work fully as it does in Europe. I bet there's a lot of guys blinding people on the roads right now.....