View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 08:54 AM   #19
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

I'll put in my 2 cents.

We needed a larger vehicle and shopped X5 (main contender) vs Acura MDX, Audi Q7, Mazda CX-9, Toyota Highlander, Dodge Durango, and the VW Atlas.

The VW was by far the cheapest build. Too many plastics. It felt light and agile in a Civic sort of way, not in a German sort of way. At least the Japanese models gave some semblance of luxury. Third row here was the best.

We ended up with the Highlander with the Platinum trim as the purpose of the upsize is really to get a a family cruiser. It certainly does not like cornering though.

Durango was fun even in V6 form. But rooflliner fell off while I was test driving so.. I ran away from that.

CX-9 too claustrophobic and huge blindspots. Torque was good. It's one of the largest out there because of that huge front snout so it's wasted space IMO. Would have been problematic in the garage + not getting the interior space benefit.

MDX.. really don't understand where the "handling advantage" is purported by SH-AWD. Too many buttons. Didn't feel more special than the Toyota.
Appreciate 1
hyde488.00