View Single Post
      12-28-2017, 01:32 AM   #1
The Expendble
Rep
Drives: 2012 Ford Fusion

Buying a 2014 X5

Hello everyone,

I am planning to buy used 2014 X5 (xdrive 35i), 7 seater, and with rear seat entertainment.
The Price: $29,500
Mileage: 120,000 miles / 194,000 KMS
No Warranty.

I have a few concerns/ Qns / from all the helpful memebers owning same car. I have been reading the forum last 2 days, and learned lot of things. but then again

1. How is the reliability of a 2014 model with that mileage? I am planning to use for 4-5 years from now and for that price i cant find another tech-featured car.

2. I will replace the analog instrument cluster with 6WB. Is the coding part difficult? How will you reset the mileage or carry over the mileage details from current to new? I am going through opasha's thread but all the images are down.

3. I will also probably replace the 10.5" with that supports Android intarface/ Google maps etc. How good is this set up? The prices are not that high, its around $500 -> https://avinusa.com/10-25-bmw-x5-x6-...on-system.html

4. The Headlights -> I noticed the lights are white with slight yellow hint. Does the 2015 model have bluish hint?

5. After 4 years, is your car still solid or does it come with issues occassionally?

6. Can you change the orange color HUD speed indication to white or something?

7. No Spare tire?

-

The Cons:

I did a test drive in this vehicle and tbh, even in comfort mode its not very comfortable, specially while taking small bumps. I dont know why. Also the interior has all these squeaky noises from the plastics, when gettin in, touching your legs on the door from inside, and while placing your hand in the middle storage. That was annoying. Also the leg room for 2nd row is very poor. It was difficult for me to get in. I cant fit myself properly. I did not even try the 3rd row. I was surprised when my 2012 Ford Fusion Sedan is more spacious than an SUV. These concerns kept me worried and i am unable to decide.
Appreciate 0