View Single Post
      06-21-2023, 10:54 AM   #81
stocktree
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhapuro View Post
I do realise this was 2 years ago, but after reading through this whole thread, I was left wondering what's the best way to run those cables if you run them on from the driver side to the passenger side? Is there a cable channel you can access without removing the whole flooring/carpet thingy?

Also if someone knows some further threads about this topic, please point those out as I would like to read as much as I can before attempting this. I have currently non-memory electric sensatec seats and going to replace them with comfort seats with memory. I have done some ESYS codings for my previous vehicles, but never messed with the wiring of the car this way.
I'm in the middle of this right now. Going from standard electric seats, to comfort seats. In my scenario I need to run canbus to passenger seat, and active head restraint from both seats to the crash module.
Do you already have canbus on the drivers side? If so, then Honestly I think it's easier to run the canbus wires to the rear for the passenger side. There's a wiring tray running along the passenger floor all the way to rear. Just have to remove some plastic trim.
The hard part is running wires to the crash module for the active head restraint. You have to completely remove the center console.
Also, I'd go to salvage yard and get wiring connector pins. The pins are commonly used on most bmw throughout the car. I found pins from older 3 and 5 series that work. Just grab a seat harness off them. They are factory crimped and will easily pop right in.
As for coding, I might need help there. I have ista and esys, but I haven't used them in a while, and I can't read German!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0