View Single Post
      09-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #28
Turbodog72
Rep
Drives: X5 xdrive40e

I have one on order

I have the xdrive40e on order from Morristown Open Road BMW. We put the order in in the begining of August after driving the T6 Volvo (wanted the T8 hybrid).

The Volvo was ok, but it didn't drive like the diesel X5 and we would have gotten the diesel if we didn't find out about the eDrive40e.

We were told that the car would arrive in Mid to Late September. My salesperson did drive the car when it was at the dealership and said that it was great. So we are going off of his test drive experience. I am worried a bit that the Audi or other cars on the horizon would have a better drivetrain, but needed to trade in my Porsche Cayenne Turbo due to a pending $15,000 maintence bill (2008 with under 60,000 miles).

It is 9/11 and the car is still waiting to be built and the sales person says it will get pulled to be built any day now.

I have a 25 mile commute one way, so I think the car will fit my needs better than a diesel. I am looking into a way I could plug in at work and if I can, then I think it will be ideal. I would have prefered a bigger battery, but I guess BMW thought this one out and this is the best they could do for now.

My Build is as follows (reading the forum helped greatly to decide which options suit me):
Luxury Line
Mineral White
Mocha Nappa Design Package
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance Plus
ACC
Dynamic Handling Package - CRAP NOT AVAILABLE ON 40e
Luxury Seating
Premium Package
Multi-contour seats
HK Audio
Night Vision
Air Suspension is included because of batteries

Thanks for reading,

Zack

Last edited by Turbodog72; 09-22-2015 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: Added my build to the message
Appreciate 0