View Single Post
      05-18-2014, 02:23 AM   #125
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggluck3 View Post
Looks so sick man I love it!! I like the one with more space between the spokes best. Is your car lowered yet in these pics?
He lowered his car himself a few weeks ago before the 22" upgrade .

Also, @r33, I agree about the spacers. I have talked to many wheel/tire guys I personally know from my home town ranging from ages 30 to 60+. Spacers CAN be done, but are not worth the RISK. None of my tire/wheel guys recommended it when I asked about using spacers. Any sort of tiny defect/problem can send your wheel off and cause a big accident. Many people have successfully done it, but the risk will always be there because it's metal rubbing metal if I'm not mistaken, and the friction of that will eventually lead to some random wear depending on how people drive/what conditions they drive in. I'm not saying spacers are wrong or anything like that due to many people having done them...but the reality is those people are a minority. A 6000 lb vehicle with tires/wheels that are technically not supposed to be above 21" with adding parts that technically shouldn't be there in the first place...well, logically, you know what I'm getting at . Just a word of caution to anyone considering spacers...read, read, and read again from forums/reviews/people who know more than you. I don't know nearly as much, but all of this information has been given to me from people that know much more than me, and I'm just sharing their words of caution with everyone. That way no one just jumps in without reading/learning about the pros and cons.

Back to car - p104 with p103 color would definitely make your car look like a beast. Do it!

Last edited by opasha; 05-18-2014 at 02:32 AM..
Appreciate 0