View Single Post
      05-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #126
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

@GregD, thank you.

@Ggluck3, yes I got my car lowered as Opasha mentioned.

@Opasha, to correct you, running spacer is fine. It is not going to do metal to metal rubbing. The spacer will just be sandwiched between the wheel and the hub.
The main reason spacer is best to be avoided, is because a bad quality spacer will give you a vibration. And when you use spacer, you will need a longer wheel stud, which with improper torque to the wheel lug bolt will also gives you vibration. But, that is depending on how thick of spacer that you are putting on.
It is unavoidable if you are using a pre-made wheel and you want the wheel to sit flush to the fender.
In my case, since HRE is build to order wheel, it should be build correctly from the beginning, I shouldn't need to put on spacer to have the wheel sit flush to the fender. Otherwise, why would I spend that much money for custom wheel.

As for the wheel, I am still confused. Maybe @wdimagineer can give me some input. Which wheel are you getting? So I can get a same one, j/k. I will get a different design I mean.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0