View Single Post
      04-30-2018, 07:58 AM   #34
aracka
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 X50i

Knocked this out over the weekend some tips - as JStang mentioned the TORX screws are T25. My X5 was CPO so I've only gotten to do this mod on a 3Y old car. I found that taking off the double sided tape was a PIA but the most effective way of doing it was to just to use your finger (from the outside) and meticulously roll the tape back onto itself to pull off the tape.

Thanks again to r33_RGSport for providing the reflectors and a very thorough write up - it was spot on. Also for the one-time use rivets i found pushing the pin in and then using a plastic fastener remover to pull them out was effective (see IND reflector DIY - http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1115686)

Also had some difficulty locating the TORX screws because i just didn't know where they were and wasn't looking in the proper direction- here is a pic of me taking them off so you know where to look
Attached Images