View Single Post
      07-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #42
XZeb
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

(Wrote this on another thread where these photos were posted about 2 weeks ago).

Darn - that does look good. Best version so far BUT ....

- the rear still looks ugly (not as bad as the white version where the back looks too heavy at the bottom when looking at the more streamlined top section)
- the rear lights look disjointed. The downward slant works on normal cars like 3 and 5 but not connected to the large side lights here.
- I feel like tearing off those horrible fins at the back which ruin the silhouette because the back slant angle doesn't match the window slant anymore
- the spacing between the bars on the kidney grille is too wide ( this is just minor though - sure it will seem normal soon). Same with lights connecting with the grille. No real reason - just change for change sake. Understandable to change it up a bit. The more vertical grill does give it "status"/more expensive feel but it comes at the expense of a flatter bonnet which looks good from the side giving it a more streamlined look but on other angles doesn't look as natural as the current shape.
- the streamlined look almost goes too far making it look almost like a normal station wagon / estate.

Basically - this colour combo is great - but it's doing a good job of making a pig look better. The e70 looked great from the start. Strangely this version from some angles doesn't look too different from mine but when you look a bit closer it still seems a bit off in places. Kind of ok but you know something's not right.

My views might change once I see it on the street but I will be seriously checking out what Porsche and Mercedes have in 2/3 years.
Appreciate 0