View Single Post
      08-23-2014, 06:20 PM   #71
BXdriver
Four stripes vehicle commander
Norway
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW X5 45e

Time

- your time is surely going slow when waiting. :-)
Good you got to drive a similar car again!

As of my own experience now- I think that in general you will not miss more of the engine. Of course - you can ALWAYS look for more - but that's the human nature I think. The "grass is greener on the other side" and so on... But this is not the States with low gas prices-its Europe.
I am happy with the 25d engine. No limits - I would surely want the 50d - but this is Norway (and I believe Belgium and Norway are two of the most car-taxed countries in the world that BMW adapts the down-tuned 25d models for) - and with this in mind - I am happy.
The diesel usage (l/km) is excellent, and at the same level as our former Volvo XC60 - just with more kick and the superb 8-speed box.

I am fine with the std. suspension and 19" wheels too. I have lowered the air-pressure in the wheels from what it was delivered with, about 3.0 bar. I am down to about 2.5 bar now (still a bit above the advised range in the door-sticker), both in the display and on my very own digital meter - and it feels more steady and safer on the road.
Not sure why they put so much air in the tires. But you can feel its a big car by the handling.

There are a few details that I wish could be different, but it's not really big issues and I can live with it. Like the radio stays on until you lock the car (I feel it should switch off when opening the door - at latest) ...the cabin main roof-light turns on when you press the engine stop button (its very bright and I am used to just push a "0" button on the roof and it's gone, here it's not) and the automatic start/stop button should SURELY (for me) be OFF in default position - or possible to program to that setting. I am all for a good environment, but it's just-super annoying and totally - I do not think this feature will safe the world after all...

Details...

Cheers
Bent
Appreciate 0