View Single Post
      09-03-2014, 08:50 AM   #80
BEX5x25d
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 25d Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alegria View Post
Welcome to the forum as well. Seems we start to develop a small community of Belgian 25d owners, would be nice to get meet up one day. Would have to be in 2015 though, as mine will not be delivered in 2014.

Great write-up of your first experiences, seems we went through a similar selection process and have same preferences / remarks (eg option policy of BMW).

Maybe I'm a little more risk taking than you since I chose sDrive but I have owned three bimmers before, all RWD, and never had any issues with traction or safety. That was however many years ago (had 3 Audi's afterwards) maybe they changed for the worse :-) then again, I always drive carefull in heavy rain or snow.

Enjoy your new toy !
Thnx Alegria and also others for the warm welcome ! Just wanted to add that few info I found in the beginning on the 25d and new X5 so I ended up here and a german one (motortalk very good too if you master german)

To be honest, I hesitated a lot to "s-drive or not" and difficult to get and find unbiased opinions (same with 30d's vs 25d's" in a way). Not being sure while spending already so much money.... anyway I believe the s-drive would probably have been more than fine as I would not really go offroad, don't drive like mad, just that my small village in the north is not always properly handled during winter time ... . But I never saw someone stuck with a RWD either ...
If I dared it would have saved me some money or some additional options I now kept out.
Appreciate 0