BGR
Captain
Rep
Drives: C7 GS 7MT; e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewl X5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR
I'm trying to not be pretentious here, and out of all the problems to have this one is certainly not bad.

I realize we are talking about a 2.5 ton vehicle with an automatic transmission, but... here is my dilemma:

I have five cars currently. I really only have room for two. One of the two MUST be my "street legal" mostly dedicated track Z4M Coupe. I also currently have an older Lexus GX470, e92 M3, and Fiat Abarth. I need something capable of towing the Z to the track and also get me around Minnesota winters. The GX does so very well and is cheap to maintain. But is boring as heck to drive. The Fiat gets me around unless there is a lot of snow, and the M3 is mostly a summer car.

So I'm considering the new F15 with B/O and M-Sport, either the s35i or x35d, to replace the Fiat, M3, and GX.

I've had trouble not having a manual transmission for a DD in the past, which concerns me. I'm on the list for an M2, but the specs are a little underwhelming, and being an audiophile I am not impressed with the HK in the M235i or F80. If the chassis is good enough on the F15, I could maybe make it work. Stringing together corners can be fun even in a heavy car, as long as the steering/chassis is good. Getting 30mpg highway on the diesel would also be great.

Any thoughts/input/criticisms are welcome. This is the Internet after all...
If there is snow, why S drive 35i?
You should get XDrive

Get DHP.

ENJOY

If you want a beast, get the 50i. However, you mentioned towing and 35d will be the best of both worlds with fuel economy and torque for towing.
With the added ground clearance on an X5, snow tires are all I really need to get through the worst winter up here. Moot point though since...

All of this being said, I went and took some measurements today and unfortunately I think the back cargo area will be too small for my needs. I have a couple Great Danes, and with the seats folded down I don't think they would be able to even stand.
Appreciate 0