View Single Post
      11-26-2023, 07:17 PM   #1
DrVirz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 15 F85 X5M

Rebuilt S63 - Misfire Help!

Hi all,

Ive just finished rebuilding my S63TU2 (2015 F85) and got it in the car. I bought the car with two spun big ends (2 and 6). The car runs (rough) and doesnt throw any codes, however the misfire counter on cyl 2 and 4 is constantly accumilating.

Things I have done:

ISTA
Reset adaptations
Valvetronic - Learn limits
Valvetronic - Lift adaptation (ista states the active valve lift value adaptation cannot be carried out, however allows passive live adapdation).
Vanos ABL - rotation is as expected.
Misfire Detection - Reports nothing, unusual?
Coded injectors (all 215)

Fuel rail pressures both sit at approx 10 MPa at idle
Fuel low pressure sits at approx 670 kPa

Swapped coils and plugs from various cylinders, still cyl 2 and 4 misfire counter accumilates. Also checked that I am actually getting spark on cyl 2 and 4, whcih I am.

Compression test, all cylinders are reading just about identical. Compression is low (125PSI) however thats becuase I cannot get the head of the compression tester right down to the spark plug seat, it sits a good way up before the bore tapers inwards.

Smoke tested intake, no leaks that I can see.

Smaller battery is brand new. Larger one is the one that came with the car, however I have swapped it with the battery from my 50i, no change.

I am yet to pull the injectors and test them, however they were all fine on dissasembly. I will get around to swapping cyl 2 and 4 injectors to 1 and 3.

I have posted some pics of ista readings, rough running values seem very high, I am assuming this is because of the misfire. Also, Knock signal cyl 4 is 15.35V while the remained are under 5V. I am not entirely sure how the knock system works, however this seems like an outlier.

From what I can tell, everything else reads as normal?

Only other thing to mention is I have an error for left fuel level sensor: Short curcuit to B+. Unusual as I didn't have this error prior to disassembly, I haven't looked too far into diagnosing it yet as I assume it is not related.

Any help is appreciated,

Cheers!
Attached Images

Last edited by DrVirz; 11-26-2023 at 07:45 PM..
Appreciate 0