View Single Post
      08-28-2014, 09:59 PM   #56
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

@kanate, thank you so much for the pictures. They are really nice/quality ones too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliX5 View Post
I found Rich/octopump from NYC does remote. Have you heard of him? found on bimmerfest.
No, I haven't heard of anyone in that thread. I just point people there and they find people near them. I think whoever gets placed there is usually pretty easy to talk to and genuine from what I have read. Maybe, I can help you remotely this weekend if you're free for an hour or so? I might be able to free up some time given that this is all so confusing and I already have gained experience, I wouldn't want to point you in the wrong direction or have anyone mess up your car that has no experience with F15's. I feel bad enough that people are experiencing the flicker that I didn't even notice .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTSG View Post
This is a bit repetitive to some of the other posts, but I installed mine tonight and wanted to share the findings.

The install is very easy, although one of my two light housings was a little stubborn. I turned off all of the headlights, DRL, etc, as well as the surrounding garage and house lights. I did get a bit of flicker at startup. Since all of the headlights and such were off, I could see the flicker reflect off of the garage wall. But I agree w/ others that the flicker is not very noticeable when the other lights are also on, as it's diluted by the DRL's and the Xenon's doing their leveling dance.

I left my truck running with all of the lights off and stood in the driveway watching. Each light did continue to "blink" once every 2 minutes or so. They didn't stop. It was literally a single blink, about as fast as the human eye blinks. I know this because I blinked once and as I opened, the light was just fading

I don't know how obvious or distracting this would be. I didn't take a drive with them on. Given how fast they are, I'm not sure other drivers would even notice. Of course, I suffer a bit of OCD and would probably spend a lot of my time obsessing over whether or not I could see them blink. So, I opted to revert to my standard bulbs for now.

Going to try my hand at learning coding to turn off the test. Have a few other things I want to tweak, so seems like an opportune time.
Thank you for this great feedback, David. Like I told CaliX5, I feel a bit responsible for your guys' decision to purchase these. So, if and when you need help with coding, let me know and I'll help you out when possible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy07 View Post
Can you take the picture from further away to see the entire housing? Looks awesome so far!
I have ordered a Circular Polarized Lens filter for my new Canon G16 (atomic80 recommended this a while back for taking pictures of headlights/to capture pictures without reflections and distortions from light). I will take pictures of the headlights with this on Tuesday evening. Are you looking to see the headlight housing with the Turn Signals on or off? Daytime or Nighttime?