View Single Post
      03-25-2018, 08:35 AM   #10
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

I strictly looked at this vehicle from a fun perspective. I view it as a rental that I have to keep for 36mo and then can walk away. I did not want the worry of depreciation and made my decision solely on payment. I asked my self a simple question, is it worth $*,*** per month in fun?

So far it hasn't let me down hahahaha.

I also find that when I lease I tend to enjoy vehicles more. I am not so fussy about keeping it spotless or finding crumbs under the seat where my girlfriends daughter eats a bagel on the way to school. I don't mind running it through a car wash and letting someone else wipe down the inside. I don't mind running it hard every time that I drive it. I don't mind that little rock chip on the front left. I just drive the shit out of it and enjoy it.

I am not sure what's next but I am about 99% sure it will be another BMW so when I return it I will make sure the dealer don't care about those things either.

Lastly, I have been in several leases where the vehicle performed well on the depreciation side. Some I have bought and sold for a profit and some I have traded in early with no negative equity. It's a numbers game and to me all the risk is on the finance company.
Appreciate 0