View Single Post
      11-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #1
AEC
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i M Sport

Instrument Cluster

I wasn't aware of it before today, but it looks like there are at least two different instrument clusters available in the US. I was reading through BMWMN1971's delivery thread (http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913272) and I realized that his instrument cluster is different from mine. The one I have may come with the Head-up Display. Not sure.

The inside of the gauges are LCDs and are blank when the car is off. The gauges light up when the car turns on. Also, the bottom of the instrument cluster is a large LCD that normally displays the odometer, time, temperature. The bottom of the tach shows real time mpg and battery charging. The bottom of the speedometer is a bar graph showing vehicle range. If you have a nav destination set, it shows as a white dot in the range bar. You can also select what displays in the lower part of the speedometer. You can select range, mpg, calendar, speed limit info, etc.

The upper middle part of the display shows safety info (lane departure warning, collision warning, etc.)

You can also display a compass in the bottom center (see below).

Here are some pictures:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0