View Single Post
      11-14-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
BMWMN1971
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 xDrive35i MSport

Interesting. My car does not have head-up display but other than the position of the temperature and clock it looks the same. I have the compass on the same place you have.

My question is regarding the way it looks during the day. Mine lights up in orange the same way your does but during the day the digital parts (time, temperature, odometer, etc...) are all in white but the instrument gauges (speedometer and tachometer) do not light up. I though they would also light up in white where they are in orange during the night. How is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEC View Post
I wasn't aware of it before today, but it looks like there are at least two different instrument clusters available in the US. I was reading through BMWMN1971's delivery thread (http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=913272) and I realized that his instrument cluster is different from mine. The one I have may come with the Head-up Display. Not sure.

The inside of the gauges are LCDs and are blank when the car is off. The gauges light up when the car turns on. Also, the bottom of the instrument cluster is a large LCD that normally displays the odometer, time, temperature. The bottom of the tach shows real time mpg and battery charging. The bottom of the speedometer is a bar graph showing vehicle range. If you have a nav destination set, it shows as a white dot in the range bar. You can also select what displays in the lower part of the speedometer. You can select range, mpg, calendar, speed limit info, etc.

The upper middle part of the display shows safety info (lane departure warning, collision warning, etc.)

You can also display a compass in the bottom center (see below).

Here are some pictures:
Appreciate 0