View Single Post
      12-28-2017, 08:59 PM   #20
monkiboy
Major
Dominican Republic
Rep
Drives: '17 x5 3.5i w/MPPK & MPE

I have a 2017 x5 3.5i w/ MPPK & MPE so a bit of a difference in comparison. I am 6'3" and 250lbs - a bigger guy.

I took a m40i out today for a spin and had a blast. If I had to redo things, I would absolutely switch out to the new x3 m40i.

I did not feel the interior felt much if at all any smaller. the extra panorama roof was incredible. the interior trim and new panels are kind of cheesy/plastic like and I much prefer the look of the x5's current trim packages.

I like all the extra features on the current m40i, the extra glass on the sunroof, the "powered" rear seat release, the 360 degree pinch zoom gesture control, the storage for the security rear cargo cover, the reclining rear seat back accessible handle, the power and handling, etc.

the m40i definitely is much faster than my MPPK and MPE f15. the m40i cold start is very reminiscent of my 340xi w/ MPPSK which is just addicting and delightful. all the overrun and burbles were a treat and something I miss a lot on my MPPK f15. the m40i is just at a different level exhaust note wise. the acceleration, torque, handling all very welcome addition.

I really like being able to control so much more in the different drive modes in idrive as well. no longer is it just drivetrain and chassis adjustments. you can adjust the variable sport steering stiffness and one other item I can't recall at this time. so you can be in comfort with a heavier weight steering feel and an exhaust note that pleases the ears.
barcelona271.00
YXEM5185.00