02-26-2015, 01:40 PM   #10
Barbja
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotweiler View Post
for you who bougt x6 do you think there is enough place for a baby car seat in the back... i have a 6 month baby.
when i buy a car it will be my car for 7 years and in the back my son will be so no big people will be in the back, but my only concern is the car seat
There's most definitely enough room for a car seat. Use of the car seat may be a toss-up. The seat of the X6 is a little lower making it easier to get your body to the center to buckle-in. I always felt like I was scaling a mini-mountain when my son was in the center car seat in my X5.

The X6 rear doors don't open as wide and the opening isn't as high as the X5s. I just went out and did some functional tests. The open-wide part wasn't a problem. I did hit my head going in the first time, but I didn't on tests 2-5 though. You don't tend to do that more than once . Passengers in the front seat seem to have the same problem on their maiden voyage.

If I was considering an X5 vs an X6 with a 6mo old, I'd head to the dealer and strap the seat into the center of each car and see which is better (or if the X6 is acceptable if you really want that). I did that when I got my first X5. I was considering a 3series (no X1s, X3s, X4s, or X6s back then); putting my son into the center seat of a 3series was not a pleasant experience at all!
Appreciate 1