12-18-2015, 05:00 PM   #83
dmnc02
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyxy View Post
I read in BMW's global materials that anti dazzle is a feature for adaptive lights (led and Xeon lights). Do you think this coding will work for Xeon too? Has anyone tried.
Yes, anti dazzle in principle works with adaptive Xenons too.

The issue however is that the adaptive Xenons that BMW fits to US-bound cars (at least on some car series) do not have the required rolling shutter (or walze in German) within the headlamp that is used to create the tunnel. As a result, if you enable anti-dazzle with these Xenons, while the high beams will split and point away when other cars are detected by the camera, the tunnel is not fully active and glare is produced.

Somebody on the other forum actually proceeded to take out and disassemble a Xenon headlamp on his brand new M3 just to confirm that the walze was missing (he really wanted anti-dazzle!). So we know thanks to him that there is no hope to fully enable anti-dazzle on US F30/F80 with Xenons.

I suspect that the walze is also missing in the adaptive Xenons fitted to US F15/F85, although I am not aware of anybody who has disassembled a headlamp to confirm.