02-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #277
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
I don't think I mentioned it anywhere on my post saying that piggyback is superior than flash tune.
You did... And even went as far as saying they are safer, which isn't true, first of all. Piggy's manipulate the ECU, and it's very common on piggy's to get CEL's thrown. Because what the ECU thinks is happening, vs. what IS actually happening, are two Totally different things.

And as far as installation ease is concerned, again, are you kidding? I've done enough piggy's over the years to know. OBD flashes you plug into the OBD port, and you're done in 15 minutes. Whereas you say undoing connectors in the engine bay in your opinion is simpler???

And you need ZERO Experience in coding to do a flash tune. That's why they sell you off the shelf maps, which are in fact the opposite of aggressively tuned.

I know you are super helpful on the forums when it comes to piggy tunes, but the statements you made and clear suggestion to get a piggy over a flash tune for the reasons you stated, I think are misleading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
I wouldn't consider a piggy anymore if you had to buy one new, as flash tunes via OBD are finally out now. Check out MHD and BM3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
I would still do PiggyBack as Maverik259 said. Piggyback is very easy to manage (installation, removal, and safety). The later, safety, is because piggy back system still relying heavily on the car's ECU failsafe.

OBD2 Flash is still easy to do if you really know and have background in doing things with badly written instruction. It also have aggressive power gain and some raise or even remove the failsafe feature.
Appreciate 0