View Single Post
      07-29-2021, 06:39 PM   #6
CYPER
Rep
Drives: X6 F16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
I wonder if what you want is something like CarPlay. To be honest…I still don’t really understand what it does and why its popular…but when it is being discussed…screenshots look like some the icons you see on Apple phone products. Perhaps that’s what you’re seeking.

Others will need to chime in because I know enough about CarPlay to speak on it at any length.

But one suggestion I have that works with the system you currently have is… if you keep the TuneIn app open on your phone…you can press the MODE button on the steering wheel to switch between whatever media you are presently listening to and Bluetooth (if that’s the last MEDIA you were using). The most you may have to do is press the play button on your phone if you have it paused.

For example, if I’m listening to Pandora or Spotify on my phone…and get in the 6 or the X5…if I was listening to Satellite radio last time I was driving…all I have to do is press the MODE button on the left steering wheel pod and it will switch to Bluetooth and start playing what the app I have open on the phone. If the app was on pause…then all I have to do is press the PLAY button on the phone and it will start streaming.

Again the suggestions above are not what you’re looking for but you shouldn’t have to do that much fiddling with your phone to stream from it if you already have the app open prior to getting in the vehicle.

This is CarPlay…is this what you’re looking for?

I guess what I want is exactly what I had in my E class, built in TuneIn App in the head unit.

Btw I have Android Auto, but don't have a TuneIn icon or any other online radio app. I have Tidal/Spotify I believe.

I need to find out if I can add TuneIn into Android Auto. That would be great.

In regards to basic Bluetooth media streaming, I would like to be able to change stations using the wheel or iDrive controller, but that doesn't work with online radio apps. I believe it only works with media player apps, such as Poweramp.
Appreciate 0